Argo Parents and Guardians,
There is so much to celebrate this year, and we are not even through the winter yet. This fall Argo was recognized on the US News Best Schools list for the second straight year, we have 3 Nationally Commended Scholars, 37 Illinois State Scholars, and most recently, District 217 was named as 1 of only 19 districts in Illinois on the College Board’s Honor Roll. We have tremendous students, an outstanding staff and a supportive community. Thank you all!
It is hard to believe that we are almost to the end of the winter athletic/activity season. Here are some of the highlights so far…
- Boys Bowling finished 4th at the ICCP IHSA Regional to qualify as a team to the IHSA Sectional.
- Girls Bowling had two individuals, Suzy Gonzalez and Mallorie Koc, advance to the IHSA Sectional.
- The Sailorettes finished 4th at the IHSA Sectional to advance to the IHSA State Finals.
- Boys Swimming finished 2nd at the SSC Championships.
- Girls Basketball finished the regular season going undefeated in the SSC to claim the Conference Championship. They finished the season 20-7 as Regional Semi-finalists.
- Sophomore and Freshman Girls Basketball also won their respective SSC Conference Championships.
- Junior Chatori Tyler will represent Argo at the State 3-Point Competition.
- Five wrestlers, Manny Rangel (106), Juan Almarez (126), David Cushing (182), Jack Williams (220) and champion Audel Ochoa (285), advanced from the Argo IHSA Regional to the IHSA Sectional.
- Senior Audel Ochoa was 2nd in the Sectional, advancing to the State Tournament where he placed 4th in the State of Illinois in the 285 lb. category!
- The Mathletes took 2nd place in SSC Conference this season.
- Scholastic Bowl won the SSC Conference tournament at both the JV and the Varsity levels.
- The Chess Team is the Undefeated SSC Champion – Finishing 14th overall and recognized as a 1st Place Champion in the 4A Class category!
- JV Chess won the SSC Conference Championship
- The Speech Team qualified three students for sectional tournament: Maciej Brzyski and Nick Ormins in Humorous Duet Acting, David Hernandez in Impromptu Speaking./span>
- Senior David Hernandez was a Speech Sectional Champion in Impromtu Speaking and Argo’s first ever State Qualifier. At the State Tournament, he advanced to the Finals and placed 3rd in the State of Illinois in Impromptu Speaking.
- The Special Olympics Basketball Team qualified for State and will compete March 17-18.
- WinterGuard/Flags is still in season, but took 2nd in their first competition.
- The Argo Marching Band is looking forward to their upcoming trip to Washington D.C., where they will march in the National Memorial Day Parade. Earlier this school year the marching band received the distinction of 2nd place at the A.A. Stagg Marching Band Jamboree. While competing at the Naperville Central High School Marching Classic, our drum majors (Jennifer Rivera, Megan Ginger, and Nick Ormins) won Outstanding Drum Major. Additionally, senior tenor saxophonist Brenda Escobedo was accepted into the District ILMEA Festival this year.
- The Argo Orchestra had three students selected for the Illinois Music Education Association All-District Festival (Izabella Gieron, Nora Majdoubeh, and Emily Zwijack), and one student selected for the All-State Festival this year (Izabella Gieron).
- Argo’s competitive show choir, Eb'ullience competed last Saturday at the Crete Monee Spectacular. This was the group’s first performance and they did an outstanding job. Argo also had 5 students enter the solo competition: Shania Bereta, Kalina Brewer, Haley Willis, Michelle Toledo Sison and Larry Henderson.
- Argo’s Contest Play debuted last week to great applause! The Greek Tragedy, Antigone, is this year’s play and will complete at the regional level this month.
It is a great time to be an Argonaut
Thank you for your continued support for Argo students and programs,
Dr. Chris Covino